- 5 Dimensions of Teaching and Learning
- 4 Dimensions of Instructional Leadership
- Central Office Transformation
- Teacher Evaluation
- Subject Matter Expertise
- District Partnerships
- News & Events
5D™ E-Learning Series
Now you can embed CEL’s research-based, high-quality professional development in your school or district.
The University of Washington Center for Educational Leadership (CEL) has brought its powerful professional development expertise online through the 5D™ E-Learning Series.
The 5D E-Learning Series is a tool designed for district, school and teacher leaders to improve instruction based on CEL’s 5 Dimensions of Teaching and Learning instructional framework.
Each course in the series includes:
- Videos of authentic classroom instruction.
- Short readings from the professional literature about the topic or concept being studied.
- Reflection and writing activities that provide opportunities to think and write about the questions and examples posed in the course.
- Opportunities for group members to share their thinking with colleagues.
- A facilitator’s guide and participant learning materials.
Professional development grounded in practice.
Each course in the series addresses a dimension of CEL’s research-based and field-proven 5 Dimensions of Teaching and Learning:
- Student Engagement.
- Curriculum and Pedagogy.
- Assessment for Student Learning.
- Classroom Environment and Culture.
Why choose the 5D E-Learning Series?
Now you can combine the expertise of CEL’s on-site consulting with the advantages of group-based online courses:
- Access CEL’s research-based content.
- Build staff capacity quickly and easily.
- Learn from any location, at your pace.
- Save time and money.
Who should use the 5D E-Learning Series?
Anyone focused on the improvement of teaching and learning:
- School district leaders.
- Professional development staff.
- Principals and instructional coaches.
- Teachers and teacher leaders.
Learn more about the 5D E-Learning Series in the field.
Read about Purposeful Instruction in Anchorage.
5D is a trademark of the University of Washington Center for Educational Leadership.