Targeted Feedback for Teacher Growth: Tools and Processes to Support Teaching Practice
The University of Washington Center for Educational Leadership offers school districts a two-day institute, “Targeted Feedback for Teacher Growth: Tools and Processes to Support Teacher Evaluation.”
The Targeted Feedback Institute supports principals, teachers and central office leaders in learning the skills for giving feedback and creating a culture that centers on growth of teacher practice and improvement of student learning. Participants will learn how to develop feedback that responds to a teacher’s identified learning needs/goals. They will also learn how targeted feedback is one of many supports principals can provide their teachers. Principals, teachers and a central office leader who works with principals can attend the institute as a team.
- How do practitioners use feedback cycles to grow teaching practice?
- How do principals use feedback cycles to grow their own practice?
- How do we shift a culture to ongoing support for teacher learning?
- Characteristics of Effective Targeted Feedback
- Foundations of a Strengths-based Observation Process
- The Role of an Instructional Framework and the Instructional Core in Classroom Visits and Feedback
- Teacher Goals/Area of Focus
- Targeted Feedback Cycles: Types of Conversations
Targeted Feedback Cycles
- Targeted Feedback: Planning a Feedback Conversation
- Targeted Feedback Cycles: Reflection Conversations
- Targeted Feedback: Practice
- Targeted Feedback Cycles: For Whom and When
The daily content can be used regardless of a framework. Principals will learn to give feedback based on goals for teachers.
What Previous Feedback Institute Attendees Are Saying:
“I am impressed with the tools you have developed. It makes the learning seamless and authentic ... Very engaging and timely for us.”
– Assistant Superintendent
“CEL’s training is fast-paced, dense in content, and moves my practice forward.”
“It’s becoming clearer for me how the feedback and observations work together in a shorter amount of time. Seems doable now.”
– Assistant Principal
June 22-23, 2017 - Visalia, California - Learn more and register
July 13-14, 2017 - San Diego, California - Learn more and register
August 30-31, 2017 - San Diego, California - Learn more and register
October 12-13, 2017 - California (Location to be determined)
March 8-9, 2018 - California (Location to be determined)
SCHEDULE A TARGETED FEEDBACK INSTITUTE
Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call us at 866-577-8066 to schedule a targeted feedback institute for your district.