Stage I Online Training presents learners with an overview of the 5 Dimensions of Teaching and Learning™ instructional framework and the 5D+ Teacher Evaluation Rubric (Version 2). Through the online training, learners will develop their skills in the use of the inquiry process during teacher evaluation to support teacher growth. Stage I Online Training is an ideal support for principals, teachers and central office staff as they learn how the new model of teacher evaluation is different from the old model.
At the conclusion of the course, participants should be able to begin to:
- Select specific framework subdimensions and evaluation rubric indicators to look for during classroom observation, based on individual teacher goals.
- Script observations in a nonjudgmental way.
- Recognize and manage bias.
- Analyze observation data.
- Use rubric indicators to code scripted observation.
- Use “noticing” and “wondering” language.
- Organize thinking to prepare for engaging in effective feedback with teacher.
Stage I Online Training includes:
- Individually paced content.
- Video of authentic classroom instruction.
- Downloadable participant learning materials.
- Course duration of approximately 3.5 hours.
- Reflection and writing activities.
Who should use Stage I Online Training?
- Principals and evaluators of teachers.
- Teachers and teacher leaders.
- Central office administrators.
- Anyone wanting a refresher of previous 5D and 5D+ training.
Why choose Stage I Online Training?
- Convenient, self-paced online delivery.
- No travel or away-from-school time, reducing the need for substitutes.
- Affordable for both small and large districts.
- Ideal for training staff members quickly and easily.
- Based on CEL’s expert-led on-site training.
Special introductory rate of $79 per individual for 90 days of course access.
Should you have questions or concerns or need assistance for any reason, please contact us at 1-866-577-8066, or send an email to email@example.com.
Supported Web Browser:
A minimum of 1024x600 recommended
Windows XP SP3 and newer
Mac OSX 10.6 and newer
Linux - chromeOS
Mobile OS Native App Support:
iOS 5 and newer
Android 2.3 and newer
Computer Speed and Processor:
Use a computer 5 years old or newer when possible
1GB of RAM
1 mbps minimum